A 4-axis stepper motor driver for creative applications
STEP400 is a 4-axis stepper motor driver designed for art or design projects. Specially focused on working with Open Sound Control (OSC) via Ethernet, which is a common protocol for creative coding environments, like openFrameworks, Processing, Max, Unity, or Touch Designer. STEP400 is a practical tool for both individual practitioners such as artists or designers, and professionals in the creative industries.
Now we are preparing a crowdfunding project with Crowd Supply. Please subscribe to updates.
Features & Specifications
- MCU: Microchip ATSAMD21G18A
- Ethernet controller: Wiznet W5500
- Stepper driver: STMicroelectronics PowerSTEP01
- DC-DC converter: ROHM BD9G341AEFJ
- Axes: 4
- Applicable motor: Bi-polar stepper motor
- Input voltage: 12-72 V
- Maximum phase current: 5 A (under ideal conditions)
- Power input terminal: M3 screw terminal
- Stepper output terminal: 3.81 mm euro style terminal block
- Sensor input terminal: 8 JST XA (B03B-XASK-1)